HGUC 1/144 GM Quel EO Custom WIP 2
Updates! I have decided my custom build HGUC 1/144 GM Quel for the BPG GM VS Zaku Group Build. I call it GM Quel EO Custom, basically middle range support, heavy weapon, base defense type. =P
HGUC 1/144 GM Quel EO Custom Colour Scheme
The colour scheme is based on the Konpei Island unit theme, mainly features white on limbs and red colour for upper body and shoulder armor. This is how the official colour scheme for [RGM-79Q GM Quel Konpeitoh Army Specification]
Instead of white, I uses light grey as the main colour, with white and grey as the detail tone. For the chest and shoulder, pure red is overwhelming so I changed it into orange red. Overall it is similar to a standard GM colour and Amuro’s Zeta Plus Unit.
To make a heavy armored GM (which is unusual), I need the source of weaponry and armors. So I decided to revive these 2 zombies from the “graveyard”, HGUC 1/144 GM III and HG 1/144 Heavy Arms (missing head part). Noticed something is missing?
Why GM III? This poor guy gave me his backpack and all his fist which is slightly bigger than the original GM Quel’s hand. If you compare both of them, the newer HGUC 1//144 GM III’s hands have sharper edges too.
I took the 4x Gatling guns and the side skirt armor from HG 1/144 Heavy Arms Gundam. This is a headless unit by my friend and he decided to give it to me. Now I’m putting it into good use. Thanks Davis!
GM Quel EO Custom first build. Now it look kinda bad ass. Hmm somehow it stills give me an easily get kill in the background feel… I’m gonna give it a bit more defense.
Heavy Arms Gundam’s Gatling Guns Mod
Inspired by the B3 Gouf Shield + Gatling Guns. So I’m going to add the GM Quel’s shield onto the Gatling guns.
- I cut a stick from the runner as a long peg and poke it through the joints. That’s how I connect the Gatling guns and the GM Quel’s arms.
- To connect the shield and the Gatling gun, I drilled a hole on the top with a screwdriver (I don’t have a pin vise at this moment).
- Done! At first the hole is too small for the peg, so I enlarge it with a bigger screwdriver. Now the peg can fit nicely.
- I need 2 sets of the weapon so I grabbed another shield from HGUC 1/144 Hazel Gundam (they shared same shield design). This is how it looks like at the back.
- Done! Now they are nicely joint\ed together.
HGUC 1/144 GM Quel EO Custom
What do you think about this? 😉